Since 1971, Yale Health Center has been the principal provider of acute, specialty, and primary care for Yale University students, faculty, staff, retirees, and their families. Over 50 years later, Yale Health has more than 40,000 members who come from every state in the country and nearly every country in the world.
Our Partnership for Patient-Centered Care means we respect, hear, and involve our patients as an equal partner in their health goals. Physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, physician assistants, and others - are board certified and committed to a team approach to healthcare. As a not-for-profit care provider, managed and led by physicians, our patients come first and we are continually looking at ways to update and improve our services.
As Yale’s preferred provider of healthcare programs and services, Yale Health provides access to a unique model of care that delivers extraordinary care and services to its members, all located under one roof, in our Primary Care Medical Home.
Yale Health promotes the health and well-being of every member of the Yale community, so that each individual can achieve his or her highest goals and aspirations. Providing consistently outstanding care, compassionate, patient-centered service and innovative practices is our promise to our members and Yale University.
Our state-of-the-art center at 55 Lock Street, built in 2010, is where our members receive most of their care. This 144,000 square-foot medical center has more than 90 exam rooms; an expansive Acute Care Department staffed by a physician and registered nurses; a 17-bed inpatient facility with two negative pressure rooms; a diagnostic imaging suite including MRI, CT scan, x-ray, and ultrasound; and a full-service retail pharmacy. It houses our 150+ providers, including more than 100 primary and consulting physicians.
Yale Health has been continuously accredited by the Joint Commission since 2005 and is the proud recipient of Connecticut’s Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for Innovation.
Yale Health Center is your Primary Care Medical Home.
I’d like to ...
Yale Health is committed to reproductive healthcare for the Yale community. Learn more.
- Allergy and Immunization for patients 18 years and older at 203-432-8797
- Department of Pediatrics for patients under 18 years of age at 203-432-0206
When you come to the Yale Health Center
- Everyone must have an appointment before entering the Yale Health Center (except for Pharmacy).
- Patients are allowed one companion for regular office visits.
- Everyone entering the Yale Health Center is required to wear a mask, even if you are vaccinated. The Yale Health Center is a healthcare facility and Connecticut requires that masks be worn. Patients entering wearing a cloth mask will be given a disposable face mask. As part of their jobs, staff will ask you to wear a mask or pull your mask up over your nose.
- If you are sick, please call us first so we can direct you to the best place to receive care.
- Let us know if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have symptoms.
- Maintain physical distance from others.
- Acute Care is available by phone at 203-432-0123. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide medical advice or clinical guidance.
Visit the Yale COVID-19 Vaccine Program page for information about scheduling an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine or booster. Yale faculty, staff, and students who have received their COVID-19 vaccination should submit or confirm their documentation.
The Campus COVID Resource Line (CCRL) is available for assistance at 203-432-6604 (toll-free at 866-924-9253), Monday through Friday, 8:30 am–5:00 pm.
Yale Health spouses, dependents, and retirees covered by Aetna Medicare now self-schedule their COVID-19 test through Yale New Haven Health (YNHH). An order is not needed from your Primary Care Provider.
This designated Yale Health scheduling portal MUST be used, not the general scheduling link on the YNHH website. This will ensure that test results come back to a Yale Health Primary Care Provider. Bookmark this scheduling portal link for easy access.
Yale faculty, staff, and students test through the Yale COVID-19 Testing Program’s Color process.
Updated March 3, 2023
Pharmacy / Prescriptions
8:00am - 6:00pm
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. for in-person care
7:30am - 5:15pm