Student COVID-19 Testing Performed Outside of the University System Over Winter Break
- Students who have waived Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage should continue to utilize their secondary insurance for testing coverage.
- Students with Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage:
- Yale Health will continue to reimburse up to $120 per test done outside of CT. Students will pay up front, and then submit the supplemental claim form to YHclaims@yale.edu for reimbursement.
- If students remain in CT during breaks, we strongly encourage them to utilize university testing available free of charge.
- All students with a Yale testing requirement, whether weekly or twice weekly, MUST continue to test at a university testing location to be compliant (testing requirements will be paused over the winter break).
Home antigen testing is a good precaution prior to family events and travel. These can be obtained online and in many pharmacies. If you test positive on a home test, you must isolate and should call your health provider or the Campus COVID Resource Line (203-432-6604) as soon as possible. (Remember that antigen testing is less sensitive than PCR testing for those without symptoms.) Reimbursement for tests at home is available*.
Students should feel free to call the Campus Covid Resource Line at 203-432-6604 with clinical questions or concerns. Questions about reimbursement can be directed to YHclaims@yale.edu.
*For those with Yale Health Hospital/Specialty Care coverage, Yale Health will reimburse for up to one test weekly. Complete a supplemental claim form and submit to YHclaims@yale.edu. Those who waived Yale Health coverage should seek reimbursement from their primary insurer.