Special Message: Upcoming Dedicated Student Vaccination Clinics
April 16, 2021
Dear Yale Students,
As a follow up to my message to you about the State’s expansion of COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to individuals 16 to 44 years, I write today with exciting news. In partnership with the Connecticut State Department of Public Health and Yale New Haven Health, the Yale COVID-19 Vaccination Program will be receiving an ample supply of the Pfizer vaccine to operate vaccination clinics at the Lanman Center for all students. The Pfizer vaccine is a two-dose series, with the second dose provided 21 days later.
The schedule for student vaccine clinics is:
|Dose #1||Dose #2|
|Wednesday, April 21||Wednesday, May 12|
|Friday, April 23||Friday, May 14|
|Saturday, April 24||Saturday, May 15|
|Wednesday, April 28||Wednesday, May 19|
Schedule your appointment today by following these steps:
- Sign into MyChart and go to “Appointments” if you are using the MyChart app, or “Visits” if you are using the MyChart website, and click “Schedule an Appointment.
- You will see an order for “COVID19 Vaccine Dose 1.” Click on “SCHEDULE NOW.
- You will be asked a series of questions. When answering the question “Please select your relationship to Yale University,” make sure to select “Student (Undergraduate or Graduate/Professional).”
- Once you have answered all of the questions, you will be able to select a date and time for your vaccination at the “YHC Vaccination Clinic”.
- If needed, you can return to the “Visits” or “Appointments” section to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- More detailed instructions can be found here.
The entrance to the Lanman Center vaccination clinic is located at 72 Lake Place. Please remember to bring your Yale ID and be prepared to stay for at least 15 minutes of observation after receiving the vaccine. You will schedule your second dose of vaccine at the Lanman Center after receiving your first one.
Your vaccination record will be automatically added to your Yale Health / Yale New Haven Health electronic health record and be available to you within your MyChart account. If you did not receive your vaccine through the Yale COVID-19 Vaccination Program, I encourage you to submit your COVID-19 vaccination record to the university once you are fully vaccinated. Doing so will ensure that your vaccination status is on record with the university for COVID-19 monitoring across the Yale community.
If you’ve scheduled an appointment at a location that requires significant travel, consider cancelling that appointment and scheduling at Lanman. If you’ve already received the first of two doses elsewhere, please plan to complete the series at the same location.
Our Campus COVID-19 Resource Line (203-432-6604) is available to assist you seven days a week, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions or concerns. As always, thank you for protecting yourselves and our community.
Christine Chen, M.D.
Chief, Student Health