Contact and HoursPhone:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
You and your dependents have access to a full range of behavioral health services as part of your Yale Health benefit.
Yale Health members should call Magellan Health Service’s telephone center (800-327-9240 or TDD 800-456-4006) or use the Magellan website to find the most appropriate treatment provider within our behavioral health network. The Magellan telephone center is staffed around-the-clock by licensed mental health clinicians who are there to help you get the care you need.
After you schedule an appointment with a provider, call Magellan Health Services back for an authorization.
Care with one of our network providers that has been pre-authorized by Magellan is covered at 100%.
Additionally, Magellan Health Service’s website offers self-care options.
Your Yale Health behavioral health benefit includes treatment for stress, depression, and anxiety as well as other mental health and substance use issues.
Treatment for covered mental health conditions and addictions is provided through a local network of private practitioners that includes:
- clinical psychologists,
- clinical social workers,
- psychiatric clinical nurse specialists,
- alcohol/drug counselors, and
- affiliated organizations such as Yale New Haven Hospital.
Magellan Health Services recommends providers and authorizes treatment.
Yale Health members do not need a referral from their primary care provider to call Magellan.
How to Get Care
Call Magellan (800-327-9240) and follow the options on the telephone tree:
- Press 2, for members
- Press 2, for counseling and behavioral healthcare
You will be connected to a licensed mental health clinician. If outpatient treatment is recommended you have two options for getting an appointment:
- The Magellan clinician will give you names and contact information of providers in our network. You then call the providers to see if they are available and make an appointment.
- Or you can ask the Magellan clinician to find you the earliest possible appointment with an available provider. Magellan will call you back with the date and time of your appointment.
- Another way to find a network provider is through the Yale Health/Magellan web page.
- Choose the “Find Care” icon.
- Click the “Provider Search link.” Once you have selected a network provider from the list and made an appointment call Magellan for treatment authorization.
- At any point, if you are unsuccessful in getting an appointment with a behavioral health network provider you can ask for a Magellan clinician to do it for you.
Explore Self-Care Options
Go to the Yale Health/Magellan web page to access “Digital Emotional Wellbeing”. You will be asked to create an account to get the most from the program. This is completely confidential, and you can use your work or personal email address for this process.
- On the home page, click “Explore.”
- Click on “Digital Emotional Wellbeing.
- Use the blue button: “Click here to get started with the Digital Emotional Wellbeing program.”
- Enter “Yale Health” in the employer search field.
As you register, you will be asked a series of questions about your interests and concerns, and then you will receive tailored suggestions for wellness and mental health resources through the site. You can then download the associated NEUROFLOW app which allows you access to these resources at any time. This program can help you with:
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Balancing emotions
- Chronic pain
- Eating Disorders
- Goal setting
- Grief and loss
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Substance misuse
If you have questions or need assistance contact Cheryl Doebrick, PhD (203-436-5706) or Borislav Meandzija, MD (203-436-5667) in the Behavioral Health Department Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. We are located on the lower level of Yale Health in the Behavioral Health suite.