Skip to main content

Students Leaving Yale

Whether you are leaving Yale temporarily or permanently, follow these helpful steps to ensure continuity of care:

  • Give your address change to the registrar of your college or school.
  • If you have an ongoing medical condition, consult with your clinician(s) about a treatment plan.
  • Obtain an adequate supply of prescription medications and supplies.
  • Obtain updated prescriptions for vision care.
  • Obtain copies of your immunization records.
  • If you are going overseas, visit the Travel Health Services for Students page for more information.
  • Transfer your records as soon as you find a new provider.
  • If you have purchased Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage, make sure you have an updated membership card.