Postdoctoral Fellows or Research Fellows not receiving a Yale University paycheck and not able to enroll for benefits using Workday, are eligible to enroll with Yale Health’s Postdoctoral Fellow membership health coverage program. Under this program, the university will subsidize the health coverage premium for postdoctoral fellows in all units. Departments and faculty mentors are still required to subsidize the individual premium rate, while a central fund will subsidize spouse and/or dependents coverage.
- The length of the membership in Yale Health is equal to the length of the appointment (e.g., a two-year appointment allows for two years of coverage).
- Coverage begins on the first of the month following the date of appointment/hire or January 1st for annual enrollment (e.g., if the date of appointment is 9/1, then coverage begins 9/1 or if the start date is 9/17, then coverage begins 10/1).
- COVERAGE ENDS ON THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH EMPLOYMENT ENDS.
- There is no option to use COBRA should your employment end with Yale.
How to enroll
- Eligible members must enroll directly with Yale Health Member Services using a two-page paper application within 30 days of appointment/hire.
- Single: $902.70
- Employee + Spouse: $1,896.18
- Employee + Child/dren: $1715.64
- Family: $2,708.10
*Rates change annually on January 1st