Privacy of Your Medical Record & Research
Yale Health does not conduct medical research, but Yale University does. Clinical trials need volunteers of all ages and backgrounds in order to help researchers develop new and better treatments.
When you receive medical care at any site in the Yale New Haven Health System, including the Yale Health Center, your medical records, leftover blood and/or tissue may be used for research purposes unless you opt out or you may be contacted for clinical research.
To opt out of being included in research studies, you may choose one of three ways. Please provide your full name, address, and date of birth.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 1-877-978-8343, option #3
- Write: Office of Research Services
Attn: Opt-Out Recruitment
Yale School of Medicine
PO Box 208054
New Haven, CT 06520-8054
You can change your mind about allowing your medical records or tissue to be used for research at any time.
- If you would like to find out more about the kinds of research conducted at Yale or how your information or leftover samples are used for research, call 1-877-Y-STUDIES, option 3.
- If you are concerned about your safety in connection with a research study, call the Human Research Protection Program at 203-785-4688.
- If you have concerns regarding your privacy in connection with participating in research, call 1-877-Y-STUDIES.