Skip to main content


woman at computer

The Claims Department can answer questions about bills you received for medical care outside of the Yale Health Center and/or explanation of benefits (EOB).

Medical Claims

If you pay out-of-pocket for medical services or equipment (such as chiropractic services, home health services, durable medical equipment, or other services rendered outside of the Yale Health Center) you should submit a Supplemental Claim Form for reimbursement. Complete a separate claim form for each family member.

Claims for medical services should be accompanied by itemized bills (charge card receipts and balance due statements are not acceptable).

Itemized bills must include:

  • Patient name
  • Type of service
  • Date of service
  • Diagnosis
  • Charge for service
  • Procedure code

Submit your Supplemental Claim Forms to the Business Office at 55 Lock Street on the 3rd floor or mail to:

Yale Health
Claims Department
P.O. Box 208217
New Haven, CT 06520-8217

Prescription Drug Claims

Submit a Pharmacy Claim Form for prescriptions purchased at an outside pharmacy. Follow the instructions on the form.