Join Yale Health's Patient & Family Council
Yale Health’s Patient & Family Council is part of an effort to further advance the principles of patient-centered care.
Council members work together with Yale Health leadership to promote, review, and advise on operational processes and programs that address the needs of patients and families.
Patients and family members will play a role as ‘patient partners’, acting as a resource to the organization.
Visit the Patient Partner Opportunities page for more information or to apply to the council.
Current Research Opportunities for Yale Health Members
Below are current research opportunities at Yale University:
- Transformative Experience of Pregnancy – Are you a parent-to-be? You may be eligible to participate in a research study. Call (203) 785-3502, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diabetes Live Study - Do you have type 2 diabetes and want to learn more about your diabetes from home? Call (212) 992-9403, or email LiveStudy@nyu.edu, or visit https://wp.nyu.edu/diabetes_study
- Microbiome and Health Study - Volunteers with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and/or Fibromyalgia are needed. If you are interested in learning more about this research opportunity, please call Maxine Fields at 203-785-5691 or email Maxine.email@example.com.
- Neural Mechanisms of Obesity in Chronic Low Back Pain - have you been recently experiencing back pain? 203-562-9901 ext. 210, firstname.lastname@example.org
- T2DM Brain Imaging Study - Do you have type 2 diabetes? Do you want to lose weight? Call (203) 785-6222 or email email@example.com
- Non-Pharmacologic Treatment for Children with ADHD or Attention Difficulties – Children between the ages of 6 and 8 with access to a home computer and internet connection. Call 203-737-5588 or email Corinne.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Pregnancy and New Mother’s Study – Women who are at least 7 months pregnant or have delivered within the last 9 months. Call 203-785-3502 or email email@example.com for more information
YPOPS - Are you pregnant? You may be eligible to participate in a research study. Call (203) 785-3463, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://psychiatry.yale.edu/research/programs/clinical_people/911.trial
Yale Health Offering Tours and Orientation
Are you a new Yale employee who recently joined Yale Health?
Maybe you’re a member who would like more information about your Yale Health coverage.
Join us for a tour of the Yale Health Center followed by an orientation session to learn about Yale Health.
There will be time to ask questions in a group setting or on an individual basis.
There are multiple dates and times to choose from.
How to get started with Mental Health & Counseling
Watch a short video describing the process to start with Mental Health & Counseling. VIDEO
Thinking about quitting smoking? There's help available
Yale faculty and staff members and their dependents can learn about the Telephonic Tobacco Cessation Program, as well as additional means of support.
Read the Yale News article, “Thinking about quitting smoking? There’s help available”.