Welcome to Yale Health!
Your care as a Yale Health member begins with your primary care provider (PCP) in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology or Pediatrics. You are assigned a PCP when you enroll. When your condition requires more specialized care, there’s an extensive network of specialists drawn largely from the faculty at Yale School of Medicine. You can rest easy knowing that we have nurses available 24/7 for medical questions as well as round-the-clock Acute Care. At Yale Health, you and your family will have easy access to the expertise and care that you deserve.
You will receive all of your healthcare at the Yale Health Center unless your PCP refers you to an outside clinician/specialist. Prior authorization is required for all referrals.
Your primary care provider is the medical professional who sees you regularly and who knows you best. We believe that a close relationship with a primary care provider is essential in providing efficient and personalized care. Our goals, of providing both extraordinary care and an unmatched member experience, are made possible through this important relationship. Read more about our Philosophy of Care.
The Yale Health Pharmacy is the most convenient way for you to get new medications or refill existing prescriptions.* If your Yale Health provider prescribes a medication for you during an office visit, your prescription will often be ready when you arrive at our pharmacy. If your prescription is not ready we will expedite your order.
*If you choose to have your prescription filled at an outside pharmacy, you will pay the full cost of the medication at the counter and then must submit a Pharmacy Claim Form for reimbursement. You will be responsible for the greater of 20% of the cost of the medication or the copay you would have paid at the Yale Health Center Pharmacy.
New Member Checklist
- Adult New Patient Questionnaire for each adult family member and a Pediatric New Patient Initial Questionnaire for each child in your family
- Release of Health Information Form for each member of your family to have copies of your medical records sent to Yale Health
- Insurance Update Form if you or any of your dependents have alternate insurance
- MyChart sign up. MyChart is your personal health record and online connection to your medical home, get an activation code at your first appointment or come to Member Services on the first floor
- Sign up for RxReady, Yale Health’s prescription notification system
- Schedule a new member meeting with the New Member Liaison or register for a tour and orientation session
- Call Internal Medicine and schedule a “new patient” appointment with your PCP to begin the relationship with the medical professional who will see you regularly and who will know you best.