(after 5:00 p.m. weekdays, nights, weekends, and holidays)
For emergencies see Emergencies. For life-threatening emergencies call 911.
If you aren’t sure how serious your problem is call Acute Care 203-432-0123.
When you call Acute Care you will speak with a nurse who will ask you detailed questions about your condition. The nurse will determine the best care plan for you. This may include:
- Home care
- A visit to Acute Care
- An appointment at Yale Health during regular hours
- A referral to the emergency department
For in-person after hours care, you may be referred to our network hospital, Yale New Haven Hospital, at one of the three following locations:
- Main Campus, 20 York St., New Haven
- Saint Raphael Campus, 1450 Chapel St., New Haven
- YNHH Shoreline Medical Center, 111 Goose Lane, Guildford
Please note: A copay may apply for after hours visits to Acute Care. Please review your Schedule of Benefits for details.
For copays, after hours is defined as:
- Monday - Friday 6 p.m. - 8 a.m.
- University holidays and recess days