Diversity and Inclusion at Yale Health
Yale Health Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement
Yale Health’s mission to promote the health and well-being of members of the Yale Community is closely aligned with our commitment to an environment of inclusion and diversity in our workplace and in our relationships with members. We will foster and cultivate creative, innovative ways to weave the values of inclusion and respect for diversity into the fabric of Yale Health. Our dimensions of inclusion and diversity include, but are not limited to, age, race, ethnicity, religion and spirituality, profession, education, political affiliation, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
In support of these goals, we will:
- Build awareness of the diverse cultures of our community of patients, members, colleagues, and their families;
- Develop clinical programs and health services to meet the needs of our diverse patient community;
- Create and support an adaptive culture that celebrates awareness and inclusion;
- Strive to recruit employees who reflect the rich diversity of Yale and New Haven;
- Develop and grow best practices in diversity, inclusion, and respect to ensure that Yale Health provides equitable patient-centered health care for the Yale community.