The Yale Health Center will be closed on Tuesday, March 14th until 10:00 a.m. Wednesday March 15th EXCEPT for Acute Care and Inpatient Care which are always open 24 hours a day.
News and Announcements
The Yale Health Center Pharmacy's hours through May 28th are:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am-6:30 pm
Saturday 8:30 am-3:30 pm
Yale students can come to one of the free group sessions to get general information prior to their trip.
The session is a prerequisite to receiving travel vaccines, which are administered on a fee-for-service basis.
Please complete and submit a travel form prior to attending one of the sessions.
Choose the region where you will be travelling below to register for a session.
For more information, call the Travel Department at 203-432-0093.
Are you a new Yale employee who recently joined Yale Health?
Maybe you're a member who would like more information about your Yale Health coverage.
Join us for a tour of the Yale Health Center followed by an orientation session to learn about Yale Health.
There will be time to ask questions in a group setting or on an individual basis.
There are multiple dates and times to choose from.
Click here to register.
Below are current research opportunities at Yale University:
- Transformative Experience of Pregnancy – Are you a parent-to-be? You may be eligible to participate in a research study. Call (203) 785-3502, or email email@example.com.
- Diabetes Live Study - Do you have type 2 diabetes and want to learn more about your diabetes from home? Call (212) 992-9403, or email LiveStudy@nyu.edu, or visit https://wp.nyu.edu/diabetes_study
- Microbiome and Health Study - Volunteers with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and/or Fibromyalgia are needed. If you are interested in learning more about this research opportunity, please call Maxine Fields at 203-785-5691 or email Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Neural Mechanisms of Obesity in Chronic Low Back Pain - have you been recently experiencing back pain? 203-562-9901 ext. 210, email@example.com
- T2DM Brain Imaging Study - Do you have type 2 diabetes? Do you want to lose weight? Call (203) 785-6222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Pharmacologic Treatment for Children with ADHD or Attention Difficulties – Children between the ages of 6 and 8 with access to a home computer and internet connection. Call 203-737-5588 or email Corinne.email@example.com for more information
- Pregnancy and New Mother’s Study – Women who are at least 7 months pregnant or have delivered within the last 9 months. Call 203-785-3502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- YPOPS - Are you pregnant? You may be eligible to participate in a research study. Call (203) 500-3995, or email email@example.com, or visit http://medicine.yale.edu/lab/bukowski/
Yale faculty and staff members and their dependents can learn about the Telephonic Tobacco Cessation Program, as well as additional means of support, here.
Yale students can learn about resources offered by Yale Health to help them quit here.
Visitors to the campus can learn about free resources available to help them quit here.
Read the Yale News article.
Yale Health now offers a new option for pregnant women after their first trimester of pregnancy, prenatal care and delivery by the nurse-midwives affiliated with the Vidone Birth Center at the St. Rapael Campus of Yale-New Haven Hospital, with a referral. Read more on our Options for Prenatal Care and Delivery page.
News about zika virus is constantly changing as we learn more about the virus. Zika virus especially concerns people who travel, pregnant women and those trying to get pregnant.
As of July 1st, 2016 all nasal steroids (with the exception of Veramyst; see the Yale Health Drug List for applicable copays) used to treat seasonal allergies will no longer be covered on the prescription benefit. Fluticasone (Flonase), budesonide (Rhinocort) and triamcinolone (Nasacort) will be available without a prescription at the Yale Health Pharmacy and other retail outlets where you purchase over the counter products
Yale Health has initiated work to convene a Patient & Family Council as part of an effort to further advance the principles of patient-centered care.
Council members will work together with Yale Health leadership to promote, review, and advise on operational processes and programs that address the needs of patients and families.
Patients and family members will play a role as ‘patient partners’, acting as a resource to the organization.
For more information or to apply to the Council, please visit yalehealth.yale.edu/volunteer.
The laboratory on the lower level of the Yale Health Center is now open Saturdays from 8:00 am-12:00 pm. It is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 am-5:15 pm. Yale Health members may also use any Quest Diagnostics laboratory in the six New England states.
The American Academy of Pediatrics president urges parents to vaccinate their children against measles. Read the full statement here, it includes valuable resources.
Take action with Habits of Wellness: Family Internet Tool (H.O.W.F.I.T.), your family’s guide to healthy living. Learn how you can make wise choices and stay well. Even small changes can have big health benefits.
Inside you’ll find information about healthy eating and exercise habits. Read each section together, explore the resources, and print the tools to help your family stay on track!
Click here to visit H.O.W.F.I.T.
The recent merger of Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH) with the Hospital of St. Raphael has created changes in the New Haven healthcare landscape.
Many questions remain about the type of services that will be available at the two campuses of Yale-New Haven Hospital.
Our physicians, care coordinators and specialty consultants are currently working only at the YNHH York Street Campus (the pre-merger Yale-New Haven facility).
When necessary, you should continue to use only the YNHH York Street emergency room.
If you require admission, you should request to be admitted to the York Street facility where you will be treated by the doctors who know you best.
If you have any questions, please call Member Services at 203-432-0246 or Care Coordination at 203-436-5791.