Ophthalmology and Optometry
Contact and HoursPhone:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm
You can book appointments up to 12 months in advance.
The Ophthalmology/Optometry Department provides comprehensive care and management of all eye problems. The department performs routine eye exams as well as exams for eyeglass prescriptions.
- The department does not measure, fit, or evaluate for contact lenses.
- Neither contact lenses nor eyeglasses are covered by any Yale Health insurance.
- Medicare does not cover the refraction fee for an eyeglass prescription. If you are a Medicare patient, you will be billed for this service and will be responsible for the payment.
- You should remove your contact lenses prior to your appointment and bring your eyeglasses with you.
- Your eyes may be dilated during the exam and may remain blurry or sensitive to light for up to a few hours.
Students who have waived Yale Health Hospitalization/Specialty Care coverage need to seek services from providers who accept their insurance. They cannot be seen at Yale Health Ophthalmology and Optometry.
We recommend routine eye exams per the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s standards.