Join Yale Health's Patient & Family Council
Yale Health’s Patient & Family Council is part of an effort to further advance the principles of patient-centered care.
Council members work together with Yale Health leadership to promote, review, and advise on operational processes and programs that address the needs of patients and families.
Patients and family members will play a role as ‘patient partners’, acting as a resource to the organization.
Visit the Patient Partner Opportunities page for more information or to apply to the council.
Pharmacy Summer Hours
The Yale Health Center Pharmacy’s hours through September 2nd are:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am-6:00 pm
Saturday 8:30 am-2:30 pm
Recall of Epipen and Epipen Jr. Auto-Injectors
On March 31, 2017, Mylan issued a voluntary recall of selected lots of EpiPen and EpiPen Jr Auto-injector because of a potential defect could make the device difficult to activate in an anaphylactic emergency. This recall is being conducted as a result of the receipt of two previously disclosed reports outside of the U.S. of failure to activate the device due to a potential defect in a supplier component. Both reports are related to a single lot that was previously recalled outside of the U.S. The incidence of the defect is extremely rare and testing and analysis across the potentially impacted lots has not identified any units with a defect. However, the recall is being expanded to include additional lots as a precautionary measure out of an abundance of caution.
The recalled product was distributed from December 2015 through July 2016. None of the recalled lots include the authorized generic for EpiPen Auto-Injector. Mylan is committed to replacing recalled devices at no cost and reassures patients that there will be no additional replacement-related financial burden to them as a result of this recall
How do you know if your EPIPEN® or EPIPEN JR® is affected by this recall?
- Find your LOT # listed on the box or device
- Does your LOT # match any of the impacted LOT Numbers listed below:
- If your LOT # does NOT match, no further action is necessary
- If your LOT DOES match, please call Stericycle at 877-650-3494 to obtain a voucher for your free replacement product. Stericycle also will provide you with a pre-paid return package to ship the product back to Stericycle
- Visit your pharmacy with your voucher information to redeem your free replacement
- Send your recalled product to Stericycle. Do not return any devices affected by the recall until you have your replacement in hand
Stericycle’s hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-10:00 pm ET, and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am-5:00 pm ET.
Link to full Mylan Press release: http://www.mylan.com/EpiPenRecall
If you have any questions to contact the Yale Health Pharmacy at 203-432-0033.
Current Research Opportunities for Yale Health Members
Below are current research opportunities at Yale University:
- Transformative Experience of Pregnancy – Are you a parent-to-be? You may be eligible to participate in a research study. Call (203) 785-3502, or email email@example.com.
- Diabetes Live Study - Do you have type 2 diabetes and want to learn more about your diabetes from home? Call (212) 992-9403, or email LiveStudy@nyu.edu, or visit https://wp.nyu.edu/diabetes_study
- Microbiome and Health Study - Volunteers with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and/or Fibromyalgia are needed. If you are interested in learning more about this research opportunity, please call Maxine Fields at 203-785-5691 or email Maxine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Neural Mechanisms of Obesity in Chronic Low Back Pain - have you been recently experiencing back pain? 203-562-9901 ext. 210, email@example.com
- T2DM Brain Imaging Study - Do you have type 2 diabetes? Do you want to lose weight? Call (203) 785-6222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Pharmacologic Treatment for Children with ADHD or Attention Difficulties – Children between the ages of 6 and 8 with access to a home computer and internet connection. Call 203-737-5588 or email Corinne.email@example.com for more information
- Pregnancy and New Mother’s Study – Women who are at least 7 months pregnant or have delivered within the last 9 months. Call 203-785-3502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
YPOPS - Are you pregnant? You may be eligible to participate in a research study. Call (203) 785-3463, or email email@example.com or visit http://psychiatry.yale.edu/research/programs/clinical_people/911.trial
Yale Health Offering Tours and Orientation
Are you a new Yale employee who recently joined Yale Health?
Maybe you’re a member who would like more information about your Yale Health coverage.
Join us for a tour of the Yale Health Center followed by an orientation session to learn about Yale Health.
There will be time to ask questions in a group setting or on an individual basis.
There are multiple dates and times to choose from.
How to get started with Mental Health & Counseling
Watch a short video describing the process to start with Mental Health & Counseling. VIDEO
Thinking about quitting smoking? There's help available
Yale faculty and staff members and their dependents can learn about the Telephonic Tobacco Cessation Program, as well as additional means of support.
Read the Yale News article, “Thinking about quitting smoking? There’s help available”.