Yale Health Patient Hardship Fund
A group of nurses have established the Yale Health Patient Hardship Fund to provide financial support and assistance to eligible Yale Health members who are experiencing a financial hardship and are unable to secure funds to access care and/or adhere to a care plan ordered by Yale Health clinical staff.
The fund may provide resource recommendations, and potentially, financial assistance up to a maximum of $500.00 to eligible patient members based on need and a set of eligibility criteria.
- The fund provides assistance and financial support to eligible members that may need help towards meeting their healthcare needs.
- The fund is comprised completely from voluntary donations.
- 100% of all donations go directly to patients in need.
- The Patient Hardship Fund committee reviews requests for allocations of funds on an as needed basis.
We invite you to participate in the fund in one of two ways:
- Recommend a member for an allocation of funds or request funds for yourself or a family member. All submissions are strictly confidential.
- Donate to the fund:
- Mail a check made out to “Yale Health” with “Yale Health Patient Hardship Fund” in the memo, to the Yale Health Business Office, P.O. Box 208237, New Haven, CT 06520-8237.
- Make an online donation by credit card or PayPal via Yale University’s Giving to Yale site.