Preparing for Travel Abroad – Plan Ahead
- 6-8 weeks before your trip make an appointment with the Travel Clinic
- Evaluate any special health needs and personal risks associated with your travel
- Understand how your health insurance will respond while you are abroad (Member Coverage Booklet and Student Handbook)
- Decide whether you need supplemental Health Insurance
- Learn about the UHC Global Travel Assistance program . Keep your UHC Global Travel Assistance card in your wallet or passport in the event of an emergency.
- Complete your travel form before your appointment
- Register your travel