Preparing for Travel Abroad – Plan Ahead
Travel health services are not a Yale Health covered benefit. Travel health services are offered locally at Passport Health, which is the largest and leading provider of travel medicine in the US, with four convenient locations in the community. Passport Health has extensive experience partnering with Fortune 500 companies and organizations, such as Doctors without Borders and the American Red Cross.
You can call Passport Health at 203-288-3115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6-8 weeks before your trip schedule an appointment for a travel health consultation, many travel vaccines are given in a series over time
- Evaluate any special health needs and personal risks associated with your travel
- Understand how your health insurance will respond while you are abroad (Member Coverage Booklet and Student Handbook)
- Decide whether you need supplemental health insurance while abroad
- Learn about the UHC Global Travel Assistance program. Keep your UHC Global Travel Assistance card in your wallet or passport in the event of an emergency.
- Review the Yale University International Travel Toolkit
- Register your travel
Yale students and their dependents have may receive some travel health services with Yale Health’s Travel Health Services for Students.
Online Travel Education
In addition to travel consultations students are encouraged to complete our online travel education module.