Welcome to Yale Health!
Your care as a Yale Health member begins with your primary care provider (PCP) in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology or Pediatrics. You are assigned a PCP when you enroll. When your condition requires more specialized care, there’s an extensive network of specialists drawn largely from the faculty at Yale School of Medicine. You can rest easy knowing that we have nurses available 24/7 for medical questions as well as round-the-clock Acute Care. At Yale Health, you and your family will have easy access to the expertise and care that you deserve.
You will receive all of your healthcare at the Yale Health Center unless your PCP refers you to an outside clinician/specialist. Prior authorization is required for all referrals.
New Member Checklist
- Adult New Patient Questionnaire for each adult family member and a Pediatric New Patient Initial Questionnaire for each child in your family
- Release of Health Information Form for each member of your family to have copies of your medical records sent to Yale Health
- Insurance Update Form if you or any of your dependents have alternate insurance
- MyChart sign up. MyChart is your personal health record and online connection to your medical home, get an activation code at your first appointment or come to Member Services on the first floor
- Sign up for RxReady, Yale Health’s prescription notification system
- Schedule a new member meeting with the New Member Liaison or register for a tour and orientation session
- Call Internal Medicine and schedule a “new patient” appointment with your PCP to begin the relationship with the medical professional who will see you regularly and who will know you best.
- Yale Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices
- The Yale Health Employee Coverage Booklet for detailed coverage information
- Information on your Behavioral Health benefit offered through Magellan.
- In formation about Referrals
- Member Guide
Meet the New Member Liaison
Sharon Anderson is Yale Health’s New Member Liaison. Her role includes acclimating you and your family to Yale Health and answering any questions you may have as you transition your care.
Sharon has over 20 years of experience in a healthcare setting including patient services at Yale Medical Group and in a variety of roles over a 14-year period in the Yale School of Medicine’s Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences Department and Internal Medicine’s Section of Digestive Diseases. She joined Yale Health’s Member Services Department in July 2014.
She can be reached at 203-436-9257 or email@example.com.