Mission Statement & Core Values
Yale Health promotes the health and well-being of every member of the Yale community, so that each individual can achieve his or her highest goals and aspirations. Providing consistently outstanding care, compassionate, patient-centered service and innovative practices is our promise to our members and Yale University.
Our commitment to the very best in quality, service, and value will lead to measurably improved health outcomes, a healthier and more productive academic community, greater satisfaction and confidence on the part of our members, and continued position as the healthcare provider of choice for the Yale community.
- Quality: Choosing the best people for our work, employing the best available practices, and always challenging ourselves to improve through innovation, strategic planning, collaboration and teamwork.
- Service: Making sure that each person who seeks our services is treated with personal respect, courtesy, compassion and sensitivity.
- Value: Developing systems to ensure the best possible return on the health care investment for our members and Yale University.
- Respect: Recognizing the value of every employee’s contribution to the mission of Yale Health, honoring our diversity and working together as an effective team in which each person understands his or her importance to the team.
- Communication: A dedication to keeping all our partners informed and a promise to listen actively.
- Compassion: Remembering that caring is as important as care. The highest calling of our profession is to provide comfort to those who are in distress.
Board of University Health Members
Paul Genecin, MD
W. Marichal Gentry
Joseph W. Gordon
Moreson Kaplan, MD
Michael Rigsby, MD
Stephanie Spangler, MD