Health Information Management
Contact and HoursPhone:
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
To get a copy of your medical record:
- Check your MyChart/Lucy record (click on the My Medical Record tab). The information you need may be there for you to download yourself.
- A valid authorization for the release of information form must be completed in order to obtain medical records. You may submit the form via email at email@example.com, by mail to Yale Health, P.O. Box 208237, New Haven, CT 06520-82327 or by fax to 203-436-5536.
- The cost for a copy of your medical record is a flat fee of $6.50. If you request that the records be mailed there is also a charge for postage.
- Allow 30 days for processing your medical record request. Requests are generally processed in the order they are received.
- You can authorize someone else to pick up your records on your behalf if you provide a signed note giving them permission.
Please note that the following items can be released within 48 hours: immunization records, prescription records and the most current physical.
Medical records are kept for 10 years after you stop receiving care at Yale Health.
When a third party vendor (such as a life insurance company or a lawyer) requests records on your behalf (an authorized release), they will be charged a fee.
Representatives are available to answer questions regarding your release of information for members and authorized third party requesters. They can also assist with the completion of the Designation of a Personal Representative to Access Health Information Form and to answer any questions.