Yale Health


The Claims Department can answer questions regarding claims processing and Yale Health benefits. You do not need an appointment to come in and talk with a representative and you can also email them at yhclaims@yale.edu.

Medical Claims

If you pay out-of-pocket for medical services or equipment (such as chiropractic services, home health services, durable medical equipment, or other services rendered outside of the Yale Health Center) you need to a submit a Supplemental Claim Form for reimbursement. A separate claim form is needed for each family member.

Claims for medical services should be accompanied by itemized bills (charge card receipts and balance due statements are not acceptable).

Itemized bills must include:

  • Patient name
  • Type of service
  • Date of service
  • Diagnosis
  • Charge for service
  • Procedure code

Supplemental Claim Forms can be submitted to the Business Office at 55 Lock Street on the 3rd floor or mailed:

Yale Health
Claims Department
P.O. Box 208217
New Haven, CT 06520-8217

Prescription Drug Claims

For prescriptions purchased at an outside pharmacy, you must submit a Pharmacy Claim Form.

Include copies of prescription receipts showing the following information:

  •  Pharmacy Name, Address & Phone Number  
  •  Patient Name  
  •  Prescription Number 
  •  Prescription Fill Date 
  •  Drug Name, Strength and NDC Code
  •  Drug Quantity & Days supply  
  •  Drug Cost  
  •  Amount Paid  

Please mail the Prescription Drug Claim Form and receipts to:

P.O. Box 968022
Schaumburg, IL 60196-8022 

Claims are honored for one year from the date of service. If you haven't received a response to a claim within 60 days of filing, contact the Claims Department. You may call sooner to inquire if the claim has been received and is in process.

Our Staff

Manager: Ann Marie Morant