MyChart is your personal health record and online connection to your medical home.
With MyChart you can:
- Communicate with your clinicians at Yale Health, Yale Medical Group, and Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Schedule and cancel appointments in Internal Medicine, Student Health and Athletic Medicine.
- Request appointments.
- Request prescription renewals.
- Access your test results.
- View allergies and medications.
- Change your personal information.
Sign up for a MyChart account:
To sign up you need an activation code:
- Ask the receptionist at your next visit to email you a code or go to the Member Services desk and ask to be emailed a code.
- After your visit you will receive an After Visit Summary. The last item on the sheet is the MyChart information with your activation code.
- Click here to request to have an activation code mailed to you.
Once you receive an activation code, click here to create your account.
Login to MyChart
If you already have a MyChart account, click here to login and get started.
If you forget your password click the “Forgot password” link on the sign-in page to reset your password online. If you encounter any problems email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about using MyChart, please e-mail email@example.com.
Request Proxy Access
Minor proxy access for MyChart allows a parent or guardian to securely communicate on behalf of a patient who is under the age of 18. Access is obtained by completing the Access Authorization with Minor Proxy form. The proxy access becomes more limited on the child’s 13th birthday and is automatically terminated on the child’s 18th birthday.
Adult proxy access for MyChart allows you to securely communicate on behalf of a patient who is 18 years of age or older. In order to obtain access, both the patient and proxy must complete and sign the Access Authorization with Adult Proxy form. The proxy’s access is terminated when the patient makes a written or online request to terminate access, an expiration date specified by the patient is reached, or the patient revokes access from within their MyChart account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can I message in MyChart?
When you activate your MyChart account, you will immediately be able to send secure messages to your primary care clinician in Internal Medicine, Student Health, and Obstetrics & Gynecology. If you have proxy access for your child, you will be able to message their primary care clinician in Pediatrics. Please note proxy access for children is not available for children aged 13-17.
Once you have scheduled appointments with clinicians in other departments, you will be able to securely message them. You can message them up to one year prior to the appointment and up to two years following the appointment.
If I send a message to my clinician, when can I expect a reply?
You will generally receive an answer within a few business days. Please note that MyChart should not be used for urgent situations. Please contact your clinician if the situation requires immediate attention or dial 911 if it is an emergency.
When can I see my test results in MyChart?
Lab results are posted to your MyChart account three days after being finalized unless your clinician pushes them to you manually first. This allows your clinician time to review the results first, as they may need/want to review them with you.
Some results are not sent automatically. They need to be manually pushed to you by your clinician. These include: HIV, tumor markers, STD, toxicology, pregnancy, genetic testing, and flow cytometry. Also, any imaging, radiology and pathology results can be sent manually by your clinician, but are not automatically released.
Is my Mental Health & Counseling information available on MyChart?
The following Mental Health & Counseling information is not available in MyChart:
- Appointment information for appointments in the department of Mental Health & Counseling at Yale Health.
- Visit information including notes, diagnoses, and treatment plans from Mental Health & Counseling appointments at Yale Health.
The following Mental Health & Counseling information is available in MyChart:
- Visit information associated with hospitalizations within Yale New Haven Health system.
- Medications ordered by Yale Health clinicians, including Mental Health & Counseling clinicians, will appear on your medication list.
Are hospital admissions available in MyChart?
If you are admitted to a hospital in the Yale New Haven Health system, you will be able to view your schedule of medications and testing that take will take place throughout your admission. Once you are discharged, you will be able to view your date of admission and discharge along with your discharge instructions.
If some of my health information on MyChart is not correct, what should I do?
Your MyChart information comes directly from your electronic medical record at your doctor’s office. If you have a question about the health information in your MyChart account, contact your primary care clinician or clinician who treated you related to the information in question. If the information is incorrect, submit a completed Request Amendment to Health Information Retained in Designated Record Sets Form to Yale Health’s Health Information Services Department.